iMac DV. Who wants to be a director?

Home > Features > News

Architosh Staff ([email protected])
30 Jul 00 Updated: 9:15am 1 Aug


Editorial: Architosh 2.0: We're different!

Welcome all to Architosh 2.0! We are at long last ready to roll with the new layout and anxious to puff out the content within this new super-sleek structure. Yes! Architosh 2 is entirely re-architected for the future and we think it's going to be insanely great!

What's Here, What's to Come?

The good folks at Nemetschek, N.A. (formerly Diehl Graphsoft Inc.) were kind enough to work on a special exclusive interview with Architosh for our introduction. Let me tell you something about Nemetschek. This company is passionate about Macintosh and very excited about OS X. Sean Flaherty, chief technology officer of Nemetschek, N.A, sat down to chat with us about the future of VectorWorks on OS X. This is a special read for all Mac users concerned with CAD and 3D visualization on the Macintosh, as it covers key OS X issues related to all CAD/3D on OS X.

In a related feature article we cover additional items regarding the G4 processor with AltiVec and the future of multiprocessing. And in the near future we will provide the most extensive library of PowerPC processor information outside of the AIM Alliance. Other news articles and features include the first segment of our Macworld Expo New York reports.

In the not too distant future we will produce another special interview and dive deeply into our Mac OS X technical series articles. By next week our Architosh news reports will be back in full swing and over the course of August you will see a rapid fluffing out of the new site. Please feel free to poke around and get a sense of all the different areas that are coming up. You can find our old stuff by going to the News page.

We Listen

Architosh 2.0 was designed based on extensive reader feedback in a survey form run in 1999. Chief among your request was greater news coverage in a broader range of disciplines. Industrial design and engineering news, were just some of the key items you were interested in reading about. So we changed our main page to become a 'vertical portal' to all things Mac CAD/3D and all things related to the disciplines that involve Mac CAD/3D. It's very simple. We provide daily links to interesting stuff around the Web and sort it out by design/engineering category. We hope you find cool stuff, but in case you don't, please let us know what you like to read.

We have a lot of exciting stuff coming up. It's been quite a ride. Architosh 2.0 almost turned out to be our own personal 'Copland' experience, and that concerned us. So we are introducing 20 percent of the site today (with the new main page/portal) and will roll out the remaining 80 percent of the site over the next few weeks.

So thanks for being such a great and patient audience. Now get back to work...and do something insanely great on your Mac!

Kindest Regards,


Anthony Frausto-Robledo, B.Arch.
Founder & Editor

Current Architosh News


Architosh Forums to be rebuilt in PHP/MySQL - [jan 12]

MWSF: Artlantis 4 and other updates shown - [jan 12]

MWSF: FormZ shows version 3.8 as step to v.4 - [jan 12]

Abracadata brings Premier Home Architect to Mac - [jan 12]

AIWUG Grows to over 235 members! - [jan 10]

AIWUG Grows to over 235 members! - [jan 10]

Great Response for Mac Firm Profiles - [jan 10]

Macworld San Francisco Expo Report Pre-Show - [jan 9]

Architosh's Crystal Ball: MWSF 2001 Keynote - [jan 3]

Architosh's Crystal Ball: Apple Predictions for 2001 - [jan 3]

New Architosh Site Area Content!

New Edutainment Site Area - [jan 9] Architosh

New Feature: Communication, Design and the Internet - [jan 9]

Mac OS X Page: Comparitive Table - Win2000/Linux - [jan 9]

Building a Macintosh CAD Workstation - [jan 9]

Building an Apple Server Solution - [jan 9]

New Find Facilities and Sherlock Tips - [jan 9]

Older Architosh News

New color blind simulation app for Mac architects, designers - Hot!

Architosh adds 'Sci/Tech: Mac OS X Forum' - Hot!

MacArchitect: AIA Online courese now available for the Mac! - Hot!

MacArchitect: AIA to Support Macintosh in 2001, Electronic docs! - Hot!

Visit the Architosh e-Bookstore!

Home > Features > News

Thanks for helping to support Architosh by shopping through our links.


Power Mac G4


The works.


Double brain power. Power Mac G4.



Search Now:
In Association with




Stand Out






  | Corrections | About Architosh | Awards & Press Reaction |
| Site Map |

Privacy Notice | Contact Us | How to Advertise | Corporate Sponsorship |
Copyright © 2000, 2001, BritasMedia Publications. All Rights Reserved.
Architosh® is a registered trademark of BritasMedia™